Has been designed to address the exposures clients face from relying on the internet, email, websites, computer software, data storage and potential of having private client information hacked.
The policy covers:
- Privacy Protection – third party claims from a failure to keep data secure
- Breach Costs – reimbursement of your own costs when a data breach occurs
- Cyber Business Interruption – Compensation for lost or reduced revenue
- Cyber Liability – third party claims as a result of content in email, on the intranet, extranet or website
- Hacker Damage – Reimbursement for costs to repair, replace or restore systems and data as a result of a hack
- Cyber Extortion – Payment of ransom demands, and specialist consultant fees, where a hacker holds, or threatens to hold your website, extranet, intranet, network, programs or data to ransom.
Whether your firm is large or small, all businesses are exposed to cyber attacks constantly.